I used this proven strategy to grow twitter followers from 0 to 50,000 in a space of 3 months for a client in the media and entertainment sector. If you genuinely want to increase your followers and get result, I encourage you to diligently read this tutorial and implement the advice and suggestions.
This tutorial is a total divergence from the old traditional ways you’ve been reading all over the internet.
This is written for white hat practices, for those that can be patient and follow due diligence in daily practises of the mentioned strategies.
What No Longer Works or Works Ineffectively
Believe me on reading the above sub title. I have created lots of viral websites and online news websites for clients, and I must tell you that I know know what I’m talking about. Old practices of growing one’s twitter followers like the listed methods below are no longer working / working ineffectively.
- Use of harshtags:
E.g. Using harshtags like #donaldtrump e.t.c. in your tweets is a perfect waste of time
- Tweeting and retweeting tweets of influencers
Twitter influencers are popular twitter users with large followers. By tweeting and re-tweeting their tweets/posts is also a pure waste of time ( only 1 out of 50 influencers) will recognize and do what you expect them to do for you.!!
- Auto ( Automatic) Mass following
This practice once works, but its now against twitter’s TOS and if you use any Apps that does this, your twitter WILL get banned.
- Use of Twitter sidebar widget
I see a lot of people using this technique. The truth is this, its a pure 110% useless and ineffective tactics. Visitors and web surfers to your website/blog are only interested in your contents or what you have to offer. Only 10 out of 10,000 visitors will click the follow button on the widget.
- Use of twitter Ads: The use of twitter Ads to grow your followers is not advisable because
Basic ways to increase twitter followers
Before we start going into the advanced ways of growing your twitter followers, there are some fundamental steps you need to implement. Without implementing them, the strategies I want to explain will not work or work effectively. Though, this is not new, But its important I repeat it for the sake of newbies.
- Have a professionally looking profile
Your twitter profile should not look like a child’s play, it should look professionally with the following important details:
- Your real name ( no underscore, no numbers, no letters). It should be your real name or the real name of your organization, company, website, blog, country, business e.t.c.
- Have a professionally looking twitter cover picture/image for your profile background: Just check out the below examples of a good and quality profile cover picture.
- It is extremely important that your twitter bio contains a valid location ( e.g country/city)
- Make sure you use a real picture ( Most especially as you using a real name)
- Make sure you have a call to action description ( this is very important as it has been researched that this singular factor affects intending followers decision in following you). Don’t just leave it blank ( this is common with fake or spam accounts)
- In your bio, it is important that you have a URL address ( e.g URL of your blog or website e.g. https://bloggingconsult.org) and even if you don’t have a blog or website yet, just link out to any of your professional active social media accounts ( e. LinkedIn, twitter or Facebook)
Those are the above points you need to know about your profile.
- Increase your Engagement
Scientific study declared that garbage in , garbage out ( GIGO) is very much true; this means anything you feed into your brain is what comes out of it.
If you want people to be nice and good to you, then also be nice and good to them FIRST!!
One of the big secrets to getting the best out of your Facebook page is to increase your level of engagement with your likes ( respond to their comments, chats, likes and share posts likewise).
This same logic is very much true if you want people to believe in you, trust and follow you. The following are examples of what you need to do and implement.
- Be proud of your location in your tweets. You can do this by tweeting about issues, landmarks, events, companies in the location. This strategy works well with a localized twitter account e.g. a local newspaper twitter account.
- Try as much as possible to occasionally or seldomly mention some celebrities and companies by giving a thorough shout out to them.
- One particular strategy I discover is to occasionally share motivational and inspirational quotes in your tweet (s).
- Schedule your tweets ( posts) using Manageflitter twitter App ( as seen below- the snapshot below is from the twitter account client I manage)
- Turn your most important tweet ( post) into a recurring mode i.e any post you discover that works very well with high engagement or any important bog posts of yours you want to rank high on Google SERP, then turn such post to be automatically published on twitter at set intervals ( e.g. every 2 days interval at a fixed time- the tool will tell you the most optimal time your followers are mostly online. Again, the tool to use is Manageflitter.
- Make use of guest posts: but instead of linking to your blog or website, just make use of your twitter handle
- Call to action statements and buttons works like charm: I encourage you to always tell people to follow you at the end of each posts ( just like this post) or the ones at rsadaily.com
From my own pool of experience, this is all I know or can think of about the basic strategies, now, lets move over to what I call the advance ( I call it advanced because few people knows about it)
Advanced ways to grow and increase twitter followers
Have you ever wondered how people with 30k, 50k, 540k, 2Million followers e.t.c. are able to get these enormous numbers?
You can’t be the Mr Nice guy and expect to float at the top!!
Aside the fact that if you are a well known celebrity ( Musician, footballer, TV star e.t.c); having a great number in its thousands is not an easy feat.
My proven strategy is just from two concepts:
- Twitter Apps
- Trade by barter ( power of negotiation)
Drink a cup of coffee and let’s dig in powerfully.
- 1# The use of Manageflitter Twitter Apps
The use of twitter Apps is the success key, however, not all twitter apps out there can be used because 95% of them will get your account banned.
In this strategy, what you will be doing with the Apps I’m about to mention is the follow-unfollow concept of twitter users. Believe me, this works like charm, and depending on the right settings, you will be able to get and follow targeted followers and in return 4 out of 10 will follow you back.
I make use of Manageflitter ( recommended even by Wikipedia) to get daily targeted followers of 400-600 followers daily. How, you might wonder?
For example, lets assume that I’m a news online newspaper based in new York, USA and wants to grow/increase my followers. The following are the proper step you need to take:
- Open a free twitter account, follow and implement the basic guidelines as explained earlier above
- Depending on the niche ( online newspaper for example); start by posting news stories from your blog/website; however, at intervals, mix it up with quality quotes and funny images/viral videos ( Post few stories/news but more of the latter)
- It is assumed that your twitter followers is Zero (0) at the moment. Next step is to go to Manageflitter, sign up and login using your twitter account ( however for faster result, you can just buy any twitter acccount ( don’t worry about the initial fake followers, e.g. you can get 100-2000 for 5 USD on fiverr.com).
- If you decide to buy the fake twitter accounts ( just change the security settings to your mobile phone, change both the username and the @name stuff to your own newspaper, blog, brand or company name.
- Now, on manageflitter, Hover your mouse on ‘Manage’ icon, then click on ‘Powermode’; after this, click on ‘Create Filter’
- For example, I want to target and follow the followers of @nytimes; so I made use of the below settings
- In the example image below, For the client I earlier mentioned ( Since the focus was entertainment, I had to target a popular musician and celebrity in the country of focus); you can use the settings I used to get something similar for your own niche.
- Give it close to 5-15 minutes, the list of the followers will be displayed and you can start following them manually by clicking on the users one by one ( just like the above image).
- This practice is purely white hat and you have to do all these manually with patience.
- Now, for a new user ( with less than 100 followers), don’t follow more than 50 followers the first day
- The strategy is to follow certain amount of people, then unfollow the ones that are not following you back. However, another major importance of Manageflitter is in the unfollow strategy. You can’t unfollow someone you just follow ( though not following you back) within 1-6 days. At least, it should be after 7 days. This twitter App will also help you
- Hover your mouse on the ‘ Manage’ link and click ‘Unfollow’
- On the Unfollow page, you will see ‘Overview’, ‘Order’, ‘Display’: Click on ‘Display’
- With this practice, you are being careful; so you just continue with this practise every day, follow and unfollow is the main key to the expected result
My honest advice is that you try the free trial of Manageflitter to fully understand how the App works; its premium and cost USD12 every month to use. This App is not for inpatient people and black hat fellows !!
Check out: Manageflitter Trial
- 2# Trade by barter ( Power of Negotiation)
This is another effective means to achieve your aim and goals. It is an unusual practise, but from my own experience and from those I know, it works perfectly well and its not against twitter TOS.
So, how do you go about this?
I personally search and look out for individuals and small companies whose twitter account has 30k (30,000) followers and above.
- To do this, make use of the same Manageflitter, in the Powermode section ( under Manage), by the time you are creating your filter ( or probably you’ve created one)
- In the search options ( go to the followers section and select, followers from 30k upwards ( or you can just select a range)
- Click ‘ show matches’
- Note down all the users presented to you, follow them and keep engaging with them
- After few days, reach out to them and present an offer, for example
Hi, can you introduce me to your followers and advise them to follow me and get to receive updates about latest stocks and financial deals e.t.c ( note, mention some benefits they stand to gain). On my part, I promise to write a free quality guest post on your blog/website ( with no link to my site or profile)
The above is just an example, you need to be creative and present something enticing and worthwhile on the table!!
And lastly, the other two methods you can also use is this:
- Making use of Twitter Ads
- Buying active twitter accounts
Generally, using twitter Ads is expensive and not recommended, but from experience, I discovered that if you place your advert on a long campaign e.g running indefintely ( or at least for 3 months plus), your cost per each follower will drop to as low as USD 0.5 or lesser.
Secondly, the cost of follower for most Asian countries and Africa is much more lesser than those in USA, UK or other western countries.
The last option ( though unethical) is to look for an individual ( not a celebrity or artiste) with large twitter followers; offer to buy the account ( it may be expensive, but worth it). To know and check about the quality of twitter followers, the following tool/link is very much helpful. https://www.twitteraudit.com/
The above guidelines are proven proofs and the best strategy to grow twitter followers. If you can be patient and be committed to the stated principles and step by step actions, you will increase your account in a tremendous way in the shortest possible time frame.
you can share your own proven models and the community here will be glad to read from you!!