Shareasale merchant review: This looks at the pros and cons of using their services; understanding of their commission structure, how a merchant can join and most importantly the reasons why online business owners, advertisers, online merchants, publishers and Affiliate marketers need to make use of their platform.
If you have an online business or your company depends to a large extent on the internet to make sales/conversions, the best/trending practice right now is to go the way of affiliate marketing.
In early 2014, a company based in Johannesburg, South Africa reached out to me on how they can increase the sales of their products ( they are into custom printing/packaging of photos e.g. if you bring a photograph of your family to them, they can turn/print the picture on rugs, carpets, walls e.t.c – no matter the size/dimension).
After optimizing their site for SEO and making them improve on their social media campaign ( notably on Facebook), the next advice I gave them was to join ShareSale and offer incentives/commission to bloggers from all over the world. Six months after implementing this advice, their sales skyrocketed by more than 600%.
- 1# Shareasale Review – Introduction
ShareAsale is a highly respected American affiliate marketing network based in Chicago, Illinois, USA. They are one of the oldest, trusted and most reliable digital network company with unrivaled Affiliate marketing solutions to online merchants ( owners of internet business) and affiliate marketers ( bloggers and website publishers).
Started and founded in the year 2000 ( approximately 16 years old); they represent a unique Midas touch and boasting of more than 4500 merchant and affiliate programs to choose from.
Important questions being asked about the ShareSale program is:
- As a blogger/Affiliate marketer, is ShareASale a reliable network to join?
- As a business owner, do they have the reputation they claim to have and how will they be able to help my business?
The answer to the first question will be answered in my next tutorial on ShareSale Affiliate Program Reviews!!
The aim of this tutorial is to summarize the reasons why I think you should list your business on Shareasale and leverage their strong and global affiliate network to help increase and grow your business sales.
Sign up for their free trial
Table of Contents
For example, as earlier stated, the South African company made use of Shareasale and their sales grew incredibly; the following 10 unique features and advantages of this affiliate network to a merchant or online business owners are explained below:
- 2# They have the Technology and tools
Numerous affiliate networks exist e.c Commission Junction, Clickbank e.t.c, but none of them is tech-savvy like Shareasale.
As a merchant, you are privileged to their World-class tech platforms where you will be able to analyze details about activities of your affiliate products. e.g. You have access to:
- Real time tracking
With real-time tracking, you are able to monitor and see the activities going on about your campaign. By saying real time, it means anytime there is a purchase of your item or click on your products, you will instantly see this action on your dashboard immediately.
By segmenting, this means you can easily use tags to differentiate your various affiliates and monitor each independently, including your products.
- Merchant API
The merchant API is an important aspect to your Affiliates. As a merchant, Affiliate marketers and bloggers on the Shareasale network market and promote your products/item.
However, on other networks, when the affiliates are to be paid their commissions, the merchants start doing reconciliation of payment received, void payments e.t.c. and as such, payments are usually delayed to affiliate marketers.
Such ugly incidence can be avoided with the ShareAsale merchant API. This means that your transactions are done in real time ( e.g. if a buyer buys your product and the payment did not go through, it will be detected automatically) and with this development, you are sure of payments received and you are also guaranteed prompt payment to your affiliates marketers.
- Stores Connect ( very important)
The presence of the stores connects feature is an essential attribute why ShareASale is better. Basically, what this implies is that with your single account, you can have multiple stores ( sounds too good to be true, but it is!!). This is one candid point I emphatically tried to list in this Shareasale review
The merchant API and the Clickstream attribution gives you ample details about clicks and overall campaign.
- Creative ability to reward hardworking Affiliate marketer/blogger
This is an advanced technology that further improves your chances of achieving higher sales. Through segmentation ( earlier mentioned above), you are well able to identify hardworking affiliates that are driving sales. Knowing this, you can further reward such affiliate with more commission.
The advantages are endless!!
- 3# Excellent Customer Service
One easy and fast way to destroy and ruin a business is not to have good customer service support. From my online experience helping clients on the growth of their online business, one factor I have discovered is that customer support/ability to genuinely care for your customers is a great winning attribute
ShareAsale has one of the best in- class support staff that are knowledgeable about latest technology and affiliate issue at large.
Majorly, I am an affiliate marketer to the site and I’ve equally helped lots of clients become merchants; their customer service is second to none and I highly recommend their platform for your affiliate needs.
- Once you made up your mind to be a merchant, the company will make you pass through a guided launch manager who will teach and train you how you are going to manage your affiliate business on their site. More details at http://blog.shareasale.com/2016/04/14/guided-launch/
- They have an active physical office address located at 15 W. Hubbard St. STE 500, Chicago IL 60654
- They are a registered company; basically, the company is a privately held Illinois USA Corporation. ( This means you are dealing with a tax compliance business entity and as such, you should have pure rest of mind)
- They can be reached through phone calls and a dedicated email support addresses: i.e email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org e.t.c
- They are visibly active and present on Facebook , Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Unlike other networks where you can’t even access their personnel, Shareasale is different; the firm’s president is Brian Littleton and it is easy to access, chat and send mail direct to him ( a wonderful guy )
In addition, if a merchant receives a complaint that a particular order did not go through or rejected, aside from calling ShareASale to find out, you can quickly click on the payment portal, then click on ‘Non-tracked order inquiries’. The below image is quite helpful.
The below additional point is still part of their excellent support system, but I’m categorizing it separately because of its importance.
- 4# They serve Worldwide with Robust Payment Facility
This is one important factor that lots of people overlooks. I’m talking from my own personal experience. Whether you are an affiliate blogger or merchant, some affiliate networks have limitations if you are not from the United States.
For example, I once joined a highly popular affiliate network, but on getting to the section where I need to put my payment details, there was none for my country.
However, with Shareasale, they pay their Merchants and affiliate marketers either through:
- Direct bank transfer ( this works incredibly well if you are in the USA, UK, and most western countries)
- Payment by check – this is by far their greatest advantage. So, whether you are in Egypt, UAE, South Africa, Nigeria, China e.t.c. you are sure to get your payments once the time approaches.
- This stated fact works whether you are an affiliate marketer of any merchant’s product or you are the merchants.
You can set up the payment option you want e.g.
When logged in, click on payment and then ‘ payment settings’; from there, you can adjust the payment options.
- 5# They have zero tolerance for Fraud and Parasites
Trust me, just try registering with them, you will discover that their requirement is stringent. Unlike other networks that you can just sign up within 1 hour without verification of who you are and your business, Shareasale does not do that.
Their thorough screening keeps fraudsters and parasites at arm’s length, away from the platform.
Even as an affiliate network, they are most efficient and they are 100% fraud free
Joining the program is not difficult, though there are some stringent set of conditions that must be met. For example, you must have a full and functional website.
To join. follow the below guidelines:
- Go to Shareasale and click on ‘Merchants Join here”
- You will be presented with the next page where you will read and have an understanding of the benefits and the commission structures
- Again, you must have a valid and functioning website
One of the shadiest issues with Affiliate programs is commission structures and payment of due allowances to Affiliates. Over the years, Shareasale has distinguished itself in this area by creating a simplified technology process to handle the commission issues with total transparency.
From personal experience, the only cons I see about the program is:
- If you are an affiliate blogger or marketer, they don’t offer PayPal as a means of payment
- The interface is not so organized, it will take a while before you get to know and understand the merchant interface.
I recommend you give SHAREASALE A TRY