If your aim is to have and run your own career, job or leadership blog, then study this guideline on how to start a career blog, build and create a highly successful niche using the power of WordPress.
Today, blogs are becoming increasingly popular. They are created by many celebrities. And there is nothing surprising because being online is a great opportunity to communicate with many people at the same time and create a blog, then, to share something you are an expert in. Officials, popular artists, athletes have their own blogs. A career blog is likely to deal with vacancies, motivation, types of freelancing, examples of unusual jobs, career prospects, etc.
Before reading ahead; first, get a free domain name and a huge discount (USD3.34) on your monthly blog hosting. Domain name typically costs around 30USD yearly, but with my link below at Bluehost, you will get it free and a great discount ( it is usually 7.89 per month without discount). After this, send me a mail through my contact page and I will help you set up everything.
Ready, click here: Get your free domain name and discounted monthly web host at Bluehost
If you have no idea of how to create a career blog, and you do not know where to start, we will introduce you with step by step instructions for creating your own blog. Having read it to the end, you will know how to create and develop your own career or job blog like CareerBuilder, jobberman e.t.c. and how you can make it popular.
In a nutshell, there are primarily five (5) stages that you need to know and implement:
- Purpose definition and adequate planning
- Getting a domain and web hosting
- Designing the blog/site using WordPress themes
- Posts publication
- Promotion- Triggering Popularity
Step 1 – Domain and Web Hosting
Domain and Hosting are an inherent part of any blog. Without them, the blog cannot function. First, we need to choose a hosting. Hosting is a service for the allocation of resources on a web server or the provision of accommodation services of another web server on your “site”. Web hosting is of two types – free and paid. If you do not know where it is better to create a blog, then we advise you to begin creating it on a free hosting. You will not have to pay money, but will simply experience certain restrictions. This can be advertisements, which will then be displayed in your web journal. In addition, you are completely dependent on the administration of the free blog services (hosting), because they can. at any time, ban your blog and all the work will be in vain.
When creating a blog you must also take into account some of the nuances:
- Paid hosting provides an opportunity to take an unlimited amount of traffic (this is in total)
- All paid types of hosting support PHP and a MySQL database, using a paid hosting, you get to make a sub-domain on a blog
- Many paid hostings provide its customers with complete technical solutions. It may be different scripts, etc., improve the work to create a blog and its functionality
Step 2 – Select the engine
Now it’s time to choose the engine for you to create a blog. Here is the same case as with hosting: you can create a personal blog either for free or with a paid engine (CMS). One of the most popular engines – DataLife Engine. This is a paid engine. If you do not know where it is better to create a blog, then just consider the possibility of paying. This engine contains additional modules, so with this CMS, you can build almost any site. To install the engine is not difficult. To do this, we will need a file manager Total Commander. With FTP upload files from an archive with your engine on the server, and then run the installation file.
Step 3 – Fill the created blog with content and conduct internal optimization
The first two steps are very important. But this does not mean that they are the highlights. To create a personal blog is just one point but to promote it is completely another story. One of the most important components of promotion is filling your web-site or blog with unique content. Content is all the material – pictures, texts, videos, etc. It is very important to respect the uniqueness of the content. That is, all of the material you are trying to post to a blog can have replicas on other sites. The material can be obtained by rewriting or copyright. It is not that simple as “write an essay for me” but is possible. The topics for articles may be HR, employment opportunities, job career ideas, how to work from home, freelancing, traveling while working, career change etc.
If you want to create a high-quality architectural design, then surely it would be better to write texts that have never been published. It is the uniqueness of information that attracts people. It is important to understand the simple fact that if the text is unique for search engines, it does not mean that it is unique to humans. If the idea is not new, the blog will be unlikely unique and attractive.
Below we will give some advice on internal optimization:
- The first thing to do is to choose the keywords on the subject matter of career in your case
- After upon the requests, it is necessary to choose the most relevant pages for each query, it is not necessary to optimize one page immediately according to many requests.
- 1-3 keywords are enough to add to the title page and in the description. Do not overdo it with the number of keywords in the text. If you make the text tightly stuffed with keywords you will lose the readability of the text, the search engines will quickly identify this page and it will fall under the filter.
- Keywords can be marked with tags. Images also needed to be with keywords in tags.
- At the end of each article specify the list of related articles. This will improve the coherence of the text material, as well as increase the number of page views.
- All external links, except, of course, those that you sell, it is advisable to put in the tags noindex and rel = ‘nofollow’.
- The most popular articles should be indicated in a prominent place in the sidebar
- Site navigation should be simple and convenient.
- All blog pages should be available within 2-3 clicks from the home page of each article, it is desirable to provide the icons of social networks, so that visitors can add those materials that they like in social bookmarking and other social services.
- Be sure to make a separate page with your contact details.