This tutorial looks at cost effective approach on how to create a Google Adsense Website, make money and become successful. A deep understanding of the design process, with full compliance with the Adsense policy, will be discussed.
Our emphasis will be on the use of WordPress platform, because WordPress (WP) is the most popular website platform in the world, powering more than 50% of online sites. See research statistics here and here.
Before I get down to details, to be successful with this program, you should be aware of certain factors ( which has been working for me for the past 5 years)
- Don’t try to fake the system by cutting corners or shortcut; be prepared to write and publish original, authentic, useful and informative articles/contents
- The website in question that I’m recommending is going to be a responsive model ( meaning that it can be viewed on mobile phones, tablets, laptops, PC without loosing details). Online mobile revenue is expected to bypass desktop revenue by 60%, so don’t be left out.
- Making money, building passive income and being successful involves patience and time ( be ready to be patient)
- Focus most of your contents on helpful topics and evergreen in nature
Now, let us get started!!
How to build and start your own Google Adsense Website
The following are required steps you need to take:
- #1 Get A Domain Name
Hubpages.com is an Adsense revenue sharing website; the name ‘hubpages.com’ is a domain name. Various domain names includes nytimes.com, bloggingconsult.org, facebook.com, google.com, twitter.com e.t.c.
So, come up with a name you will be proud of, but you need to check if the name is available for use. To do that, check out Bluehost domain name checker.
If available, buy and snap it up immediately ( and if you decide to host the domain name, you will not pay for the domain again)
- #2 Buy A Webhost For the Domain Name
Buying the domain name is the first step, hosting the name is the second most important step.
What is the point of buying a new car without the key and fuel/gasoline/petrol to move it??
You need to buy a space on the internet; when people searches for your domain name or simply types your name on IE or Mozilla firefox, what will make it come up is the space you have purchased.
For a starter, I recommend you go low on your budget ( about USD3.49 per month) and gradually increase your subscription as you keep on making money.
I recommend you chose BLUEHOST
- #3 Pick And Chose A Premium Google Adsense Ready Template Design
Once you are done with the above, the next step is to set up your design and fix all necessary links. This is what I mean. By the time you are buying your hosting, you will be given suggestions on which platform to choose from ( I always recommend WordPress). Once done, a default design will come with your package, however, the design does not look professional and will not meet the standard of what we need.
All you have to do is to buy an optimized Google Adsense ready template, download the ZIP and install it. check it out
This tutorial is showing you how you can set up your website using WordPress; once you are done with this, the next step is explained below. I recommend you read the detailed guideline below:
Set Up Your Google Adsense Website And Start Publishing Articles/Contents
- #4 Set up The Following Important Pages
After you have carefully set up your website or blog with the above guidelines ( this thorough tutorial), you need to set up and publish the following pages:
- About ( very important)
- Disclaimer ( very important)
- DMCA Page
For a robust SEO advantages, I recommend you only INDEX the Disclaimer, DMCA and About page, while you can deindex the remaining pages.
I strongly recommend you watch the YouTube Video below on how you can set up your Blog all by yourself; secondly, make sure you read my full guidelines on how to set up and create a website using WordPress. Trust me, it is all you need!!
- #5 Find a Niche and Publish Exceptional Contents
The secret to making money from Google Adsense is in the sustenance ability. You should be able to write and publish a post that will give you earnings now and forever. This is a very important strategy.
From experience, it is always good to pick and start from a niche. This is what I mean, instead of just writing about anything, go for a particular area and concentrate. E.g you can focus your attention on writing anything technology, football, sports, gardening e.t.c;
However, you can create a viral news website like BuzzFeed, viralnova, distractify and then start making six figures from it every month. You can read my guidelines here on how to build and create a viral site.
And if you want to run an online newspaper and start a news blog/website with the aim of monetizing it with Google Adsense, that is fine, but know that this niche is not so profitable, except if you are getting traffic in the range of 300,000 upward on a daily basis.
Once you are clear with your niche and purpose, then get ready to start publishing exceptional contents which should be guided by the below concepts:
- They should be helpful and highly informative
- The contents should be the type that will entice your readers to want to share on social media ( e.g Facebook, twitter, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn e.t.c.) and publicize to their friends, folks, and families.
- They should be resourceful and be of the evergreen type ( i.e. not confined to seasons and particular time of a year, except if you want to focus on affiliate marketing along with running PPC ads like Google Adsense
Now, how do you publish a post?
Follow the below steps, from your dashboard, towards the left-hand side, locate post icon, click on it and click on ‘new’. The following picture will be of essential guidelines:
And the second image shows the SEO ( Search Engine Optimization) settings for your posts.
The reason why I’m showing you all these steps is because if you are yet to have an approved Google Adsense account, before applying, Google must see ( will actually verify) if you have a working blog/website and if you have quality contents on them already.
Importance of a keyword
Google Adsense is the world’s leading PPC ( pay per click) online monetization method and to make money from them ( from business, clients, and publishers advertising on them through their Adwords program), you need to target what is called a focused keyword. For example, in this particular article you are reading right now, my keyword I’m trying to rank for is ‘ how to create a Adsense website’; therefore, I make sure that the keyword is mentioned in my title, my content body( three times for a 700-1500 word content), is mentioned in the meta description ( discussed in the above images) e.t.c.
So, with this project of yours, endeavor to make sure that all your posts have a focus keyword you want them to rank for.
Before we move to the next step, I strongly recommend that you set up your website properly with the above guidelines, publish at least twenty (20) quality post (articles), set up your pages ( the ones suggested above) e.t.c.
- #6 Apply for the Account
Now, this is the most interesting aspect of it all. Again, I want to believe that you have set up the blog/site properly following my earlier mentioned guidelines above.
Before applying for the account, you must follow the below guidelines:
- You need a Gmail Email account. you can get it free from the Gmail homepage
- The website/blog must be active for at least six months- this is very true for most people based in China and India
- You must be above 18 years
For full eligibility criteria, please see the below links:
- 12 Things to Do Before Applying for Google Adsense
And the below steps shows how you can install the codes on your site.
- #7 How to set up the codes and install it on your Website
I’m assuming that you have an approved Adsense account, this next step shows how you can get the codes and transfer them on your site. First, log in to your account at https://www.google.com/adsense
- Click on my ads at the top left-hand side
- Click on ‘ new ad unit’
- Now, Since Google Adsense only allows you to place 3 Ad units on a page ( at least for a beginner), you will need to create three ad units and you name each
- For the first Ad unit, I recommend you chose ‘ Responsive’; this means the ad unit you will get from here adapts on any viewing device properly. I recommend this Ad unit to be placed at the top header on most sites ( it has been proven to give the best ROI)
- The three best-performing Ad units are the responsive unit, the Leaderboard ( 728 by 90) and the 336 by 228 or 300 by 300 units; In essence, you will create ad unit for all them each
- Click on save and get code
Your code will now be displayed, just copy it and keep it safe. However, it won’t be active, just wait for close to 30 minutes before it will become active.
Once done, all you have to do is to go back to your website/blog you have created and insert/paste the code where you want it to be. For example, all the premium themes from Mythemeshop are Google Adsense ready and well optimized. All of them have a central place in the dashboard where you can simply paste the code at any of the following locations:
- At the top header
- Below Post Title ( before the content)
- At the end of the content ( before comment and other links)
- #8 Configure the Ads for both Desktop and Mobile Audience/visitors
At present, the rate at which people are surfing the net from their mobile phones is increasing at an alarming rate. It is important you install and set up your codes for both experiences so as not to lose revenue.
The solution is simple; all the premium SEO optimized WordPress themes I earlier mentioned are coded, built and ready made to be mobile responsive. Examples of such templates can be obtained from:
Secondly, just make sure you obtain the responsive Ad units from Google and insert it into the header and other locations of your choice. It automatically configures to the size of any device it is being viewed from.
The other sizes ( 728 by 90) and the (336 by 228) can be used below contents post and at the sidebars respectively.
Summary on how to build and create a website for Google Adsense
- Get a domain name and a web host: I recommend Bluehost because they are the best
- Get a premium website templates
- Install the templates, set up the SEO and get it live
- Publish important pages e.g Disclaimer, privacy and about pages
- Get down to writing high quality, exceptional content that is helpful and will remain evergreen
- Practice little bit of SEO ( Search engine optimization) of your posts by focusing on the keyword
- Need assistance on how to create a Google AdSense website, please let me know through the comment section and the contact page
Wish you best of luck!!