While there is no guarantee that your blog posts will dominate Google’s first page, however, there are certain best practices that can be applied which will make some of your blog posts to actually be on the first page of Google search page. ( See practical steps without the use of backlinks)
The way Google’s search result works is based on Algorithm computation that analyses over 200 ranking factors; and chief among the factors includes social media signals, level of quality of the blog posts, strength of nearest competitor to the focused keyword of such post, quality of backlinks and general health of the blog/domain itself.
“As it is true that a sick and malnutrition pregnant woman will give birth to a sick and malnutrition baby; so also is a sick and Google penalty blog/site will never rank high on Google search result”.
- 1# Focus On Quality Content
Paul Edmondson of Hubpages “believed strongly in “Content is King” concept, and this hallmark made the company recorded an impressive 10million dollars earning in 2009 (2 years after it launched), and it’s still the same factor that has seen them recover turn various Google penalties.
Google explicitly made it clear that “publishers should focus on high quality, helpful, informative and educative content. This singular quality guideline instruction should be focused on.
The following are points worthy of mention to call a particular blog post quality:
- Is the content really informative?
- As a writer, do you think any reader will naturally praise you for the content
- Is it an original and plagiarism free content
- What is the word count? to me, a quality blog post should be 500-word count upwards
- Is it resourceful? can people link naturally to the blog post?
- Do you think the content is helpful?
These and many more questions are what should be at the back of your mind when considering a blog post content that will dominate and be on Google’s fist page.
So you want your blog post to be on Google’s first page, then focus on quality content.
- Recommend to read:- How to Write Quality Posts When You Have a Day Job
- Must Read: The Top 10 Qualities of High-Quality List Posts
- 2# Maintain Excellent On-Page SEO
The foundational platform for online success is all about SEO [Search Engine Optimization]. How the context of this argument is to practice on-page SEO. A thorough on-page optimization will place your posts on high chances of being on the first page of Google.
The following are on-page SEO features that should be implemented
- Title of blog post
- Meta description
- Focused keyword [choose a long tail and phase from your title/topic]
- Check for spam
- Keyword density
- Removal of stopwords
The modern day ranking from Google ( from personal experience), takes your meta description and title of the blog post seriously; and this singular characteristics makes lots of EMD ( Exact Match Domain) sites with quality content to be ranking very well on the first page.
A very good tool that will help your on-page SEO work is Scribe SEO and your SEO plugin by Yoast.
I strongly advice that you install the two plugins, you will be surprised at their level of intelligence and support that will be shown to you.
- “Install the Yoast Wordpress SEO plugin.
Have an excellent on-page SEO carried out, your blog posts will naturally shoot up in their search rankings?
- 3# How natural are your contents?
The search engine BOTS and Spiders work on a sophisticated algorithm that scans webpages for suspected spam and unnatural use of text that may look spammy.
My technique is to write a quality post content, with about 800-1500 word count; however, I simply write the article freely, expressing myself with no boundary and without paying too much attention to a keyword. After publishing the content, I then scan the entire content to check for unnaturalness or check out for anything that might look too sophisticated, spammy to the search engines.
There is just one tool I recommend that you can use to check the naturalness and somehow spammy nature of texts. Check out top leading posts in Google’s first page and you will discover that most of them have a pass mark by this tool.
- 4# Proper and Aggressive blog post promotion
Backlinking; nothing can take the place of proper and aggressive Google friendly blog promotions. Building and getting backlinks is important to get on the first page of Google search results
The focus of your blog post promotion should be on social media sites, followed by getting links from related blogs and sites. We are in an era where you have to be careful when building backlinks to your post, as there are many indices and factors Google is checking out for.
A sustainable, systemic promotion should be carried out on your contents at regular intervals, most especially, if the blog post is recently published. The following are summary on how to promote the blog post:
- Share the article on twitter, Google+, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn first
- Secondly, share the article on related communities on Google+, Facebook and on Pinterest
- After publishing a new blog, use Google search to look for related posts of the topic you just published, then go to the top 10 result displayed on Google first page, visit those sites/blogs; then contribute related and meaningful comments on them.
- Go to top leading social bookmarking sites, and share the article
Caution: Do not do this all at once, learn to spread and schedule the promotion
Recommended to read:
- 5 safe ways to build and get backlinks to a new website and blog
- 11 bad backlinks to avoid that decrease your google search rankings
- Top 10 recommended best SEO tools for 2014 and beyond
I strongly advise that you read the above contents, you will be glad you did
- 5# Check the credibility of the domain name
If Google penalizes a website, it basically penalizes the domain name ( e.g. bloggingconsult.org); and we all know that there is no how you will get a new wine taste if you pour the new wine into an old, dirty jar.
For your blog posts to rank high, dominate and be on Google’s first page, then you should make sure that they are published in a good, healthy domain. I highly recommend you read my blog post below that talks about a healthy blog and how to know a good and healthy backlinks.
You can also use the above tool to check for a healthy site/blog: https://fruition.net/sem/user/login
Feedback and Conclusion
Thank you for taking your time to read this piece ‘ best practices on how to dominate Google first page’ ; I hope you have found it useful; please, kindly share your views, insight, and criticism through the comment section below.