As Google is a PR9 website, it is a well-established fact that higher Google rankings on search results can be achieved with a large number of Google + shares the post or article receives. Please, it is important to note that many factors account for the ability for a particular content to rank high in Google index, however, it has been confirmed that social media signals play a major role in 2013 and will doubtful play the major leading role in 2014.
Recommend to Read: http://bloggingconsult.org/increase-google-search-traffic-using-images/
According to searchMetrics, Google+ stands out as the number one major factor helping contents to rank high in Google according to their recent study; so getting high pr9 dofollow backlinks from the site is a great advantage to you.
According to searchMetrics, social media signals accounts for close to 50% ranking factors, and chief among the social factors is Google+.
Quite also, a research carried out by Cyprus Shepard, of MOZ, testified to these facts; see below:
Check out: http://moz.com/blog/google-plus-correlations
However, not all backlinks from Google plus helps your SERP, the only backlink that does are dofollow backlinks and about 90% of links from Google + are not dofollow but nofollow.
Well, there has been a lot of debate about the relevance of dofollow or Nofollow backlinks in helping a particular blog or website to rank high; this is my personal opinion “ both of them count and matter a lot, however, getting about 65% dofollow and 35% nofollow ratio is the best SEO practices”
What is the importance of backlinks?
I believe that for you to ask this question shows that you are a newbie or just starting out in the busy and competitive world of online business or simply the blogging niche.
Backlinks are the building, breathing, interlocking chains of blocks on which the survival and successful ranking of a blog and website depends on; and this ranking is dependent on the search engine platforms.
This tutorial below shows you how you can actually get a pr9 dofollow backlinks from Google+.
Nofollow sources from Google Plus
- You will get a nofollow status from links obtained when text content are shared on the G +
- Links in comment section are nofollow
People are too busy and are always in hurry to share and post their content on Google plus; by just copying and pasting the link or URL of a particular post/page will not make it a dofollow backlink
PR9 dofollow backlinks sources from Google Plus
To check and know if a page has dofollow or nofollow status, I recommend the use of:
- For Mozilla web browser: use the NoDoFollow Extension
- For Chrome web browser: Use the Google chrome extension app
Now, there are two ways of getting dofollow backlinks from Google plus. The two ways are:
- Backlinks obtained from the “share what’s new” section on Google + are dofollow.
- Links obtained from the profile page of the user
1. To actually get a PR9 dofollow backlinks from your Google+ page is by pasting your URL on the link section of ‘share what’s new’. the image above is a good guide.
2. To get the link from your profile page, follow the guidelines below
- Login to your Google+ account
- Locate and go to ‘profile’, then to ‘about’
- On the about page, scroll down gently and locate “links”
- Edit the link, and paste your blog address and webpage
- that’s all, what you have now is a dofollow backlink
Please note that it is only here that you have the dofollow status, any other thing or adjustment you make on the about page, e.g. contributor to, youtube links, other profiles’ all remains nofollow
A video Tutorial to help you out:
For more resources:
Interesting, kindly help share on Google+, twitter and Linkedin
Feedback and suggestions
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post, I am hopeful that is has been impactful. Kindly share below your suggestions, ideas, criticism through the comment section, I’d be more than glad to hear your thought!!